Day 2 of 40 Days of Prayer- Acknowledge your Weakness & Be Transformed

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ormtOJ3rNvvypHW1zW1fzB0ZbN9SOGEo
Romans 8:7
“Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.”

The Mind has it’s good intentions but those intentions are purely sensual and filled with lust. It’s about Me, Myself and I. What I need and what I desire that is at the forefront of our Minds. 
What I want to do! How I feel? Who I like or love? Where I want to Go! What I Need! It’s all selfish and superficial and it usually causes pain and disappointment in our lives as well as in the lives of others.  As it relates to relationships (dealing with our unconverted soul) we love based on conditions, “if you do what I say, how I like it, or if you love or like me back then we are cool, Other than that, “ I have no use for those who don’t see things my way,” better yet, “ It’s either my way or the Highway!” The Bible tells us that, “a man’s ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart.” Proverbs 21:2

This is why we need Holy Spirit to help us and to give us a new Mind because ours has no understanding of the ways of God. Our mind is filled with deceitful thoughts and evil plots, and we can be our own worst enemy.  God wants nothing but Good and Blessings for us but we (our Mind) can not conceive his love.  The mind that we need is not concerned with the flesh but with following the leading and guidance of the spirit of God.  

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1

Prayer: Father forgive me in the name of Jesus, for going back to what I know, who I use to be and How I use to think. I repent for my faithless, mindless and fleshly understanding and actions, Lord please transform my mind and transfigure my heart and make me in the image of the only begotten of the father.  I realize that my way only gets me as far as where I’ve already been and no closer to where I should be.  Help me to not allow the enemies taunts and accusations  used against me to draw me out of your character and distract me. Father in Jesus name give me your peace that surpasses all understanding so that I can fully surrender to your perfect will, someone in my family, on my block, in my city, State, Nation and the world needs me to fall in alignment with your will so that the door locking them in to prison can be opened through the mantle and assignment you have placed upon my life in Jesus mighty and all powerful name amen.

Comments